Thursday, December 31, 2015

Takom Cheiftain tank model.

1/35 scale Chieftain tank, lots of fun to paint. Not quite finished yet.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

1/32 fw190 a4 night fighter.

 I found this story of a FW190 that made an emergency landing on an english RAF base in 1943.  I though it looked interesting all blacked out so I decided to make a model of it.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Scale modelling pt4

Main gear sort of done. glued strips of coloured foil onto thr tail section, lots of filling and sanding too.

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Scale modeling pt3

Landing gear, wheel wells are a bit sparse. Brass rod and bits of plastic will fix that.

Adding cables and more pipes!

Painting begins.

Weathering with enamel washes, adding photoetch placards.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Scale modelling pt2

After much grinding and sanding, the cockpit fits without bulging the rest of the model.

Although there is good detail, there is always room for more. I started adding cables with this wire and solder.

Painted the sills and started to check the canopy fitment.

Scale modelling

I decided that it would be fun to build a model kit. It's been a while.
This is a 1/32 scale Tamiya F-4J. This cockpit is an aftermarket resin one. These don't fit too well, but the detail is very good.

With pilots.

Several option for cockpit instruments, the one you get with the kit and then aftermarket photo etch ones.